Monday, September 23, 2013

Preping metal miniature for painting, Reaper KS Urban Legend Sophie WIP

So all the hard work that went into filling the gaps at the fork-tube and the wheel turn out okay. Although the sculpt work near the wheel isn't as detailed as it could have been, I guess this is done on purpose so that the connection is stronger.




Next up is to check on the mold lines and smoothness of Sophie herself.  And yea to my disappointment the big line running down her side is very deep and it's actually caused by a slight mis-cast, which means the two halves of the mini didn't line up perfectly well so there's a 'cliff' there.  Not easy.  Also her left eye is a bit too far away from her nose, and I can't tell if it's actually a closed eye or open... I'd guess I'd worry about that later...


This is the best I can manage, I think I can get away with it by using thicker paint to smooth out the line...

After a lot of scary bending I kind of connected the handle to her arms.  It was scary because the handle is very thin and her arms are very stiff.  Bending at the wrong part could ruin the sculpt.  It was nerve wracking... especially when this is not my mini...

As shown the handle isn't perfectly symmetrical, but I guess that will have to do...

Then it's off to the next stage of base coating.  I got them all mounted and ready for final priming and base coating...

[[[ SHE IS DONE: http://51-cent.blogspot.hk/2013/10/Sophie-done.html ]]]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...