Saturday, September 26, 2015

Basing of dragon rider, almost...

Got the base painted and base coated. The finaly touches was done with molding clay and sandy pastes (forgot proper name).  The clay is water soluble so it was really good at filling in larger gaps of the base giving it is more natural look, plus it was very easy to shape while being wet.

The next step is to make the claws rest more naturally on the rock, and the hind leg touching the base.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"The Escape" - diorama setup

Hi everyone, I am back and hopefully I can keep posting here.  This is going to be a slow project as I am working on a pretty complicated, long-overdue paint job (checkout my FB page if interested:

I love this Sophie, so much so that actually I got two of her, one that I had already finished a while back, and another one sitting in the box since last X'mas.  Here is the one that I had already painted, excuse the poor lighting...  She had been one of the better models sitting on my display shelf for long now, but one thing that keeps on bugging me is that she deserve more, more elements to complete the story, and especially something for her to shoot at...

So when I ordered another Sophie during last Xmas, I order a bunch of other mini to compliment her.  Sticking to the tomb theme I got an army pack of mummies and a mummy lord... Excuse me for not correctly naming though cause I am not really into pathfinder.

The fun thing about doing diorama is that I can play around with the setting ideas in my head for days and days, and gave me excuses for looking up all sorts of stuff like background information on tombs.  One one that I really want to get happening this time is to set a good composition for the whole thing, trying to use techniques like triangle placement, 3:1 golden ratio extra... the current idea is like this one.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Basing, not that good though.

In real life, as i saw dueing all the hiking, the wild roads are pretty flat, even for areas that no one treaded bigger rocks are not that frequent. So the problem here with this base is it still doesn't look natural enough.  The worst part is the claw doesn't fit right with the ground, that means i need to out more clay or green stuff on it... we'd see.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I am back!

Hey everyone, I am back, and this time around I can not only paint but I can also blog! Not exactly the best of times at work there, but it's always good to have some down time at work.

Anyway, this time it is about make the base for a dragon and its rider. Here is our lovely Super Sonico with the Dragon.

And here is the base so far, I teared up a cork board coaster and sprinkled some sands on it. So far so good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...