Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Back to live - paying extra to save time (part 2)

recently I started using pigments.  Never thought of trying them until my local one and only 30mm miniature hobby shop (http://www.funatelier.com/) starting having them in store. So in the spirit of supporting my (again) one and only tiny hobby shop, I got a few of them to try it out.

(by the way, guys, move on, don't just stick to Games Workshop, they make ugly miniatures)


So my recent successful application on the 'fatty' zombies from the Zombicide board game.  That is also my current obsession: I think I am about half way through base coating and basing them, did some minimal highlights and shading too.  Anyway details on that later.

This is what I want to achieve, quick and easy industrial work leather gloves for them.  From the Fatty zombies clothing and gears I imagine they got hit by zombies when working at a garage, with work gloves on.


This is the final product

From a distance they look exactly how I want it to look

And done in less than a minute, I mised yellow wash (Secret Weapon wash) with yellow paint and painted on as the base color.  Then I mixed brown pigments with the same wash and applied  the mix on the recess areas and parts  that are suppose to be shadows.  While it is sill wet, added lighter color pigments on to give it more texture


External Link:
VALLEJO PIGMENTS
http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/en_US/pigments/family/19

Pigments are used for weathering and ageing the finish of vehicles, armour, fortifications and structures; they are ideal for creating the effects of accumulated dust, mud, dirt and smoke produced by time and natural erosion.

The pigments chosen for this range are all earth and iron oxides, especially suitable for all the different climatic and geographical conditions of the terrain of a diorama. They are pigments which are employed in the manufacture of our colors, and have been especially processed and micronized so that they are very easily dispersed in any liquid medium, from water to acrylic resins or turpentine.

SECRET WEAPON WASH
http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54&products_id=215

Parchment is a soft bodied tan that works well for shading light tones such as parchment and white cloth.
Each bottle contains approx. 20ml of water-based matte acrylic wash.
Ideally suited for one coat brush application and clog free airbrush usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...