Friday, October 4, 2013

Sci-fi themed ruin research, Reaper LE Sci-fi Sophie diorama WIP

One thing I learned about myself is that if I don't start on the base early on, and do mock up while trying to fit the miniatures to the base, my base would usually look crappy.  This is what I see with other painter's way of doing diorama too, they put every thing together first, un-painted, see how it looks like, and then put everything together.

These are the concept art that I would go by.  The idea is how nature would take over modern structures  when they were abandoned. 




The core of the base is actually a 1/144 launch pad for ... Gundum models.  I like it for all the details on the flat surfaces and always want to see how it would work with 30mm miniatures. This is a model kit so I spent an hour putting it together.  The whole thing would have been too big so I will take it apart.



[[see the latest progress of this diorama here:
http://51-cent.blogspot.hk/search/label/sci-fi%20sophie]]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...