Monday, February 24, 2014

Painting Reaper Bones - basing

Hi everyone.  After getting this lot of BONES back in Oct last year, I had just started my first BONE.  I'd talk in length about my thoughts on it after I am finally done and got something to show for it, so let's just look at the base for now...


That's her standing there, tall and proud with her guitar.  This is the third time I paint her, the first two times I painted the metal version of this miniature, it will be interesting to see how the experience this time differ from the metal version.  The base is from Secret Weapon bag of crap, picked that up recently for an army project that I have in mind.


The base comes with a bit of defects of course, this one comes with a few large bubbles that could be easily fixed with green stuff.


Took me a while to remove the base off the miniature...


This is the first mock up of the set up.  The few weapons actually cost more than the miniature itself, that's a first for me.


Now that I am very familiar with the wet blending technique base coating the base is very easy.  Although it already looks pretty good without air-brushing, I've still done it to get the light/dark shading happening.


Air-brushing is really a super time saver, I need a better solvent for it though.  The one I am using now is said to be good for leveling the paint, so it seems to be very thin.  Although it comes out very smooth and nature, it takes a lot more 'passes' to get a solid shade...


I had actually already glued all the weapons on the base, but again not too happy with the result so far.  Will get some better pictures to show what I meant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...