Anyway I ran into a lot of issues, especially when some of my supplies are still not in my current workshop:
- I had to make the base as well, which I got a whole bunch of secret weapon base tucked away in storage and not with me, so I need to make due with the plastic square base that comes with the mini.
- I haven't got enough time to let the glue dry, didn't have time to let the green stuff dry, so I just pray that these won't give me trouble down the track.
- the box art is not a painted version of the mini so I need to quickly think of a color scheme, which Is am still trying to make up my mind.
- air-brushing took me a while as I need to clean the air brush before and after using, and I spent some time clean it after use so it'd be easier for me next time.
- photography is still a problem as the lighting is still a little harsh, which again took me a while.
- order of painting was wrong, I could have do the small parts first, then mid tone to make corrections, then .... should I do the shading first or highlight first... damn it.
Anyway, as I woke up this morning and took the mini under the sun to have another look, it wasn't too bad, and it had been fun.
|Swordmaster of Lusia - Avatars of War|
Here are some progress shots, notice the Ikea clock behind the mini. Nice clock from Ikea, affordable, simple, does the job.
|What I started with straight out of the box, a 3 parts mini from Avatars of War, |
I bought it from a hobby shop in Spain
|cleaning is important, don't want the releasing agent on the mini to mess up with priming|
|cleaning the flash lines from the mini,|
very good casting, not a lot of lines to clean
|added some green stuff to fill in the gap on the arm,|
took some sands for basing, it looks like ground now.
that took be longer than I though as I put several layer of fine sand on it
|Mounted and primed, ready for painting, 1.5 hours|